We recognize that these are uncertain times and you as a community leader may have concerns about your family members, friends, staff, and those you serve receiving medical care, even more so than normal. As always the health and safety of our patients, caregivers, and communities is our top priority at Central Florida Regional Hospital. We remain diligent in our fight against coronavirus (COVID-19), and I want to provide you with an update about the thoughtful and deliberate steps we’re taking to reopen our hospital and return to standard operations during this ever-evolving pandemic.
Over the last few months, we have become aware that many in our community have not sought medical care for their urgent healthcare needs unrelated to COVID-19, due to fear and uncertainty about the safety of hospitals. We want to reassure you, those you serve, and our community of the numerous additional protocols that we have implemented to ensure their safety. We are here to take care of our community and we are well-equipped to handle any health concern they may have.
In addition to our emphasis on safety, we are also very aware that this pandemic has caused financial strain on so many within our community. We are now providing Patient Benefit Advisors to help patients navigate their insurance options, given potential recent shifts in their coverage. Across Central Florida Regional Hospital, and the HCA Healthcare network, our facilities have maintained historically strict standards for infectious diseases while following updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and we will continue to do so to ensure the safety of all. We have carefully prepared for the re-opening of many postponed services. We have introduced enhanced precautions to ensure a safe environment for health care delivery.
Here are just a few of the steps we’re taking to keep our patients, visitors, and our clinical teams safe:
- Each care facility has a separate location for COVID-19 positive patients and those who are under investigation. These patients are masked and escorted to designated locations.
- Screening processes are in place for all patients, visitors, and clinicians before entering facilities. We added screeners to manage expanded screening processes designed to identify anyone who may have respiratory illness and expedite their entry to a dedicated COVID-19 area.
- Universal masking is required throughout our facilities, which exceeds CDC guidelines. We continue to have an adequate supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) for patients, visitors, clinicians, and caregivers.
- Heightened infection prevention policies have been instituted, including the removal of high-touch items such as magazines, toys, and vending machines from our facilities.
- Food and drinks are prohibited in clinical units to prevent the spread of illness.
- Non-COVID-19 patients, as well as those receiving outpatient care, or patients with scheduled procedures, are treated in separate areas and assigned caregivers who are not concurrently caring for COVID-19 positive patients.
- Updated visitor policies, including limitations, which have been in place for the duration of the pandemic, remain in place across our facilities. One screened and masked visitor is welcome to accompany a patient in care facilities.
- We are working with major commercial lab companies to increase testing capacity within our own facility.
- Our teams are working to advance technology-enabled solutions that minimize patients’ time in facility waiting areas.
Central Florida Regional Hospital and HCA Healthcare remain focused on providing our patients with outstanding care. Our facility is part of a comprehensive learning health system that uses data science from research, laboratory results and clinical excellence from 2000+ sites of care to drive superior, evidence-based, and patient-centered care. As we continue to monitor the dynamic shifts of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will provide periodic updates on our continued efforts to care for our patients, caregivers, and community. For up to date information and answers to frequently asked questions, please visit our website at CentralFloridaRegional.com.
As we re-open our cities and work to establish a new normal routine, I encourage you to continue to follow current CDC guidance regarding social distancing and hand hygiene. These important infection prevention measures will help keep yourself and others in our community safe. As leaders in our community, we thank you for your guidance during this unprecedented challenge and for standing with us in our shared commitment to protecting our health and safety, today and every day.
Central Florida Regional Hospital
1401 West Seminole Blvd
Sanford, Florida 32771